Information Retail Velocity Collects and How We Use It
Collection of personal information
You may choose to provide personal information (for example your name, address, telephone number and email address) on this or other Retail Velocity websites, however not providing this may result in reduced functionality. Retail Velocity’s usage of this information will be consistent with this Policy or the policy associated with the applicable Retail Velocity site.
This website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on this site or other Retail Velocity sites. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen, we will delete the information from our records.
Cookies contain small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit our website. Cookies are sent back to our website to allow us to recognize your device.
Recognizing your device with Essential Cookies allows our site to help you navigate efficiently to obtain the information and services you have requested.
Analytical and Customization Cookies allow our site to remember your preferences such as language selection and help you to view information that is most relevant to your interests; these cookies also help us to maintain and improve our websites by providing information on how visitors find and use the sites, and how well the sites are performing.
In some cases Advertising Cookies may be used to make advertising messages more relevant to you.
Unless you disable the cookies on our website, by using our website you agree to our use of those cookies.
Making cookie choices
Most browsers allow you to manage cookie preferences. If you decide to disable cookies on our site, you may not be able to take full advantage of all website features once you have done so.
To enhance your experience on our websites, we sometimes embed content and sharing tools from other (third party) sites, such as “like” buttons from social networking sites; these third party sites may also place and access cookies on your device. Retail Velocity does not control the placement or access of these third party cookies. You should check the relevant third party website(s) for more information about these cookies and whether and how you may make choices about them.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information collected about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events, surveys and promotions by Retail Velocity or our affiliates (including by sending you marketing communications);
We also may use personal information for other additional purposes. We will identify these additional purposes at the time of collection.
Sharing and Transferring of Your Personal Information
Sharing & Transfers
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our website visitors outside Retail Velocity and its affiliates, except as described here.
We may share information provided by our visitors to this and other Retail Velocity sites with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
We may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials as required to comply with a legitimate legal request, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
We may transmit the personal information we collect on this site or other Retail Velocity sites to other countries where we do business, including for websites accessed in countries outside the US.
How We Protect Your Information
At Retail Velocity, our goal is to protect your personal information submitted to us through our sites. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this and other Retail Velocity websites. We also employ reasonable technologies to help keep the personal information you provide on this site secure.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements or policies in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of the sites.
How to Contact Us and Update Your Personal Information
California Privacy Rights
Annually California residents may request and obtain information that Retail Velocity shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year (as defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law”). If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which Retail Velocity shared this information in the immediately preceding calendar year. To obtain this information, please visit our Contact Us Form (insert link to form) and use "California Shine the Light Privacy Request" in the subject line as well as in the body of your message. We will then respond to the email address provided with the requested information.
Mobile Information We Collect
- Personally identifiable information (e.g. Name, email address) we collect consists only ofwhat you share with us. For example, certain products may ask for this type of information so that we may contact you by phone or email at your request. You choose what, how, and when you want to share.
- If you use any location-enabled products, you may be sending us location information. Retail Velocity does not store or use this information other than to provide the service you requested. For example, a mobile product may use GPS data to find a nearby restaurant you requested. Location-enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time.
- Use of 3rd party services such as social sharing sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn) is governed by the privacy practices of those services. Retail Velocity does not capture or store your login information or other personally identifiable information for these services, however session info or cookies may be stored.
Mobile How We Use Collected Information
- We use the information to personalize your experience with the application and to improve your overall experience including the development of new products, services, and features. We also use the information to provide customer support, and when applicable, register and administer your account. Additionally, we may use the information you provide to contact you about updates to our service.
- Information you provide may be used to fulfill the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. For example, if you authorize a purchase through a mobile eCommerce application, we will use provided information to ship and bill you.
Mobile Information sharing
Retail Velocity does not share any collected information with 3rd parties with the following exceptions:
- Retail Velocity may provide some personal data to third-party partners that are providing services essential to your mobile user experience.
- All requests are sent through your mobile carrier's network and your carrier may have access to it. Consult your carrier's privacy policies for additional information.
- Certain mobile products and services and manufacturers allow you to interact and share your information with others. For example, you may want to Tweet or post to your Facebook page content from a Retail Velocity mobile application. Consult your mobile device manufacturer, or mobile product or application developer's privacy policies for additional information.